This course is designed for 6-7 year olds to prepare them for more formal study in classical and/or contemporary guitar. Lessons include:
- Good playing posture and hand position.
- Playing original compositions and traditional tunes in many styles including classical, folk, Latin and popular music.
- Rhythm training through singing, chanting of words and strumming.
- Beginner-friendly introduction to standard music notation, chord charts and tablature.
- Playing duets with the teacher and playing along with the CD which contains full band backup tracks.
We can assist you in selecting the right size guitar for your child.