This course is designed to make you a versatile guitarist – proficient in playing lead and rhythm guitar in various rock and pop styles. Our guitar lessons are progressively structured around three areas of training.
- Proper posture, left hand, right hand alignment and tension.
- Basic chords, power chords, bar chords and jazz chords.
- Simple approach to great strumming.
- Pick and finger techniques. Vibrato, string bending, pull-offs, slide and hammer-ons.
Music Reading, Theory and Ear Training.
- Note reading and tablature.
- Listening for tonality, scales and chord progressions in songs.
- Playing and identifying rhythm patterns of various musical styles.
- Creating riffs based on scales and chord progressions.
Playing Cover Songs including:
- Money – Pink Floyd ( Rock ).
- Paranoid – Ozzie Osbourne ( Rock ).
- Layla – Eric Clapton ( Blues/Rock ).
- Nothing Else Matters – Metallica (Finger Picking).
- Smooth – Santana ( Latin ).