Skills to Learn from Our Guitar Class
- Proper posture. Proper left hand, right hand alignment and tension.
- Shaping right-hand fingernails for nice tone.
- Music reading and music theory.
- Essential techniques – rest stroke, free stroke, scales, blocked chords, arpeggios and two-part music.
- Learning to play music of Bach, Sor, Giuliani and contemporary composers of various styles.
Intermediate to Advanced Level
- Essential classical guitar techniques including bar chord, pull-offs, hammer-ons, slides and grace notes.
- Right hand finger planting techniques to facilitate arpeggio playing.
- Rasgueados – Spanish guitar strumming techniques.
- Fast Scales and Tremolo techniques.
- Building a repertoire of pieces including music of Bach, Sor, Albeniz, Tarrega, Villa-Lobos and other contemporary composers.